Mon, Jul 08|
TVM™ Intensive Training & Retreat July 8-22, 2024
BY APPLICATION ONLY. EVENT IS OPEN Serena Amoroso - Facilitator Cathy Dam - Facilitator
Time & Location
Jul 08, 2024, 10:00 AM – Jul 22, 2024, 4:00 PM
Ubud, Ubud, Gianyar Regency, Bali, Indonesia
About The Event
BY APPLICATION ONLY. LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS. EVENT IS OPEN. APPLY AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Triple Vagal Method® Trauma-Informed Somatic Bodywork Online & In-person Training - Join us for the first-ever TVM™ training offered in Ubud, Bali! Hosted by TVM™ Advanced Practitioners & Educators Cathy Dam and Serena Amoroso
Are you ready to embark on a journey of healing and empowerment? Our exclusive retreat is not just a training; it’s a life-altering experience designed to unleash the power within and develop your skills to heal others as a somatic trauma therapist.
This comprehensive course is a fusion of personal retreat and intensive training. It combines self-paced online learning, immersive hands-on practice and in-person mentorship. Offering a robust curriculum that explores the intersections of psychology, physiology, and holistic healing modalities, you'll leave not only certified but empowered with a profound understanding of trauma-informed care. Blending the 205 hr online course with 105 hr in-person training and practice, we will equip you with the tools to facilitate transformative healing journeys.
Our interactive workshops, cutting-edge techniques, and online modules, combined with hands-on practice, real-time feedback, and guidance from our experienced instructors, allows you to rapidly integrate your knowledge and gain confidence in your abilities. Embark on this transformative journey in the stunning setting of Bali, known as the Island of the Gods. Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature, creating the perfect environment to support your nervous system throughout the training. Engage in rejuvenating self-care practices, from guided meditation in enchanting surroundings to therapeutic TVM™ sessions that restore your mind, body, and spirit. Bali becomes not only the backdrop for your learning but also a sanctuary for personal growth and well-being.
Overview - Why TVM™?
The Triple Vagal Method® (TVM™) is a revolutionary, rapid and safe somatic approach to releasing trauma from the body by inducing a therapeutic level of oxytocin, breaking down calcification of the fascia, and regulating the nervous system to build resilience. TVM™ is a modality that gives you measurable physical results and psychological results faster than anything out there. Working directly, safely and efficiently with the nervous system, TVM™ uses the intelligence of your body and its innate desire to optimally restore itself; releasing stress and trauma from the body & mind.
Trauma healing and building vagal tone supports a thriving human experience in virtually every way, everything from healthier bodies, stronger immune systems, less stress, the capacity to make better decisions & a larger cognitive capacity to name a few. In fact, many may say it is the foundational prelude to absolutely every other successful & thriving experience or condition an individual can have. This training lays down the foundations of trauma & trauma healing through what may be the most effective bottom-up approach; TVM™.
This training provides the foundations of trauma-informed somatic therapy, based on the Polyvagal Theory, in addition to an understanding of trauma in the human fascia and the Triple Vagal Method® basic releasing techniques to restore the nervous system from its key trauma responses. Our training also integrates anatomy study, tantric practices, cognitive-behavioral therapy, somatic meditations and business coaching for practitioners.
The syllabus was designed to be a robust and comprehensive framework to introduce key concepts in bottom-up somatic therapy and become a licensed TVM™ Practitioner.
Modules & Units (subject to change)
Module 1: Introductions & Welcome!
- Ice breaker & introductions
- Introduction to TVM™ Practitioner Training
- How to utilize trauma informed adult education education
- What is trauma informed therapy
- Intro to TVM™
- Ethics in therapeutic settings & relationships
Module 2: Somatics & Polyvagal Theory
- Intro to somatic therapy, bottom up approaches & psychology of the body
- Intro to trauma from a body perspective
- Working with the body
- TVM™ : Why fascia? Why oxytocin?
- Intro to somatic Chinese medicine & Chi Nei Tsang1 (theory))
- Understanding polyvagal theory within a TVM™ framework
Module 3: The Human Body
- The bodily anatomy of trauma
- Intro to basic anatomy
- Understanding Oxytocin & other hormones
- Intro to neuroscience, genetics and traumas impact on health & wellbeing
- Visual somatic body readings
- How to touch the body
Module 4: TVM™ Applications
- How to conduct a TVM™ session
- How to conduct an online/ hands off TVM™ session
- Intro to somatic Chinese medicine & Chi Nei Tsang 2 (practical)
Module 5: Psychology of Trauma & Behavior
- Key psychological theories around trauma
- Early years & Childhood trauma
- System interruption & emergency measures
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Trauma & addiction, TVM™ adaptations
Module 6: Biohacking & Setting Up a Therapeutic Practice
- How to set up a trauma informed therapy practice
- Trauma healing & supportive epigenetic bio hacking protocols
8:30-9:00 Optional Morning Practice (Somatic Embodiment, Expressive Dance, Conscious Movement, Meditation, etc)
9:00-12:00 Lecture, Module Theory, Somatic Exercises, Discussions & Sharing Circle
12:00-3:00 Lunch & Rest
3:00-6:30 Gestalt Exercises, Theory Implementation, Group & Personal Practicals, Learning Objective Discussion, Closing For The Day
A REVOLUTIONARY MODALITY THAT OFFERS A SAFE TRAUMA INFORMED SOMATIC CONTAINER
Who is this training retreat suitable for?
- Anyone who is interested in healing and transforming trauma!
- All levels of practitioners, somatic therapists and bodyworkers!
- This training is also a personal healing and transformative retreat!
- Maturity and compassion, as this is trauma-focused work
- Commitment to personal development
- Complete the first two modules of the online training prior to the in-person portion.
Prices do not include travel expenses, accommodations, meals or any other external expenses outside the course format.
All prices include a certification of completion, TVM™ teachings, capacity to be listed on the institutes website as a certified practitioner of the modality after completion of assessments, capacity to become an affiliate with a certain code to earn referral commissions for trainings, capacity to co-host trainings with the institute after competition of advanced training.
- Ticket type
In person 2 week intensive & 12 months of online education & mentorship supportPrice$5,000.00
+$125.00 service fee+$125.00 service fee